Recommendations to reduce / prevent the risk of transmission of acute respiratory infections also apply to COVID-19.
- Hand hygiene should be given importance. Hands should be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and alcohol-containing hand antiseptic should be used in the absence of soap and water.
- Mouth, nose and eyes should not be touched without washing hands.
- Contact with sick people should be avoided.
- Hands should be washed, especially after direct contact with sick people or their environment.
- When coughing or sneezing, the mouth and nose should be covered with a disposable tissue. In cases where the handkerchief is not available, it should be used inside the elbow.
- If possible, it should not be visited in crowded places and health centers due to high patient density. If there is a need to go, contact with other people should be minimized.
- Eating raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided.
- It should not be in risky areas in terms of contamination such as farms, livestock markets and slaughterhouses.
- If any respiratory symptoms occur within 14 days after travel, the nearest health institution should be applied by wearing a mask and the doctor should be informed about the travel history.